Monday, April 4, 2016

City of Bones

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
Picture courtesy of Goodreads

Hello friends,
I am going to apologize in advance if you find this post offensive. However, you don't have to agree or disagree with anything I say so...

I want to start off by saying that I did not think this book was not worth the hype. People are all like, that is my favorite series, I've read it like 3 times. I'm sorry if you are one of those people, but I personally didn't think it was that good! Keep in mind though, that I am a die hard Potterhead, so to someone who hasn't read Harry Potter or didn't like it, maybe the series is very good. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am to mine. So I planned to read this book a couple of years ago, and I haven't actually gotten around to it until now and after 2 years of everyone around me reading it, I wasn't amazed beyond belief. It was average.

City of Bones is a book about a girl named Clary who is pulled into the world of demons and demon hunters after her mom disappears and she herself is attacked. Most humans can't see demons; only shadowhunters (demon killers) can. When Valentine, a demon hunter gone rouge that everyone thought was dead for 16 years is back, it becomes obvious that he has Clary's mother. In order to get her back, Clary and her new friends, Jace, Alex, and Isabelle must find the Mortal Cup and exchange it for her mother before it is too late. What Clary doesn't realize is that old friends may be more valuable than new, and nothing is what it seems. 

This book is like any other fantasy/adventure book. It had some really good part, but some were parts were boring. There is definitely a plot twist though, so if you like books with twists that you don't see coming, check it out. 

I can't really explain why I didn't like this book. I guess it was just not what I expected. I mean, I had really high expectations for this book and they just didn't get met, you know? Also, I read this book right after reading Between Shades of Gray which was AMAZING!!! So that might contribute to why I didn't like it all that much. 

Anyway, if you like fantasy maybe you should check it out anyway. I know a lot of people like it, maybe you will to. I also know a lot of people who didn't like it though, so I don't know.

That's kind of it for know, this post became a lot shorter than usual. Sorry I haven't been posting very regularly. Hopefully I will have another post ready soon. Bye for now!
(Check out my poll. It's been up for a while and only one person has answered!)

3 comments:

  1. That really good to know because know I might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also heard amazing things about this book. I'm ashamed to say that I read it for awhile but got bored and dropped, (which I never do!) but I'm going to try and read it again but this review really helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped. I was seriously considering dropping this book too, but I'm kind of glad I finished it.

      Delete