Saturday, March 28, 2020

Vicious

Vicious (Villains 1): V.E. Schwab
Wow. It's been so long. So... I guess I'm going to continue with this blog. Since I have time because of COVID-19 and all... So without further ado, I bring you: Vicious by V.E. Schwab.

This book is about two college best friends named Eli Cardale and Victor Vale. While working on their senior theses on the permanent effects of high doses of adrenaline, a horrible mistake occurs. Ten years later, Victor is out a jail and looking for vengeance. Along with an underestimated genius and an abandoned 12-year-old, Victor seeks out Eli and things get Vicious.

This book was incredible. I would rate it 5/5. This book does an incredible job of illustrating that the lines between good and evil are blurred and that things aren't always what they seem. However, even more than that, my favorite part was that the chapters switch between past and present so that the backstory for each of the characters unfolds at the same time as the current plot. The book also does a really good job of giving each character a detailed backstory that explains their actions.

Overall, this book was a bit twisted but I highly recommend it. I read it in about 2 days and honestly every couple pages I was texting my friend freaking out because it is SO INTENSE! I can't wait to read the next book! (I already have it on hold :) )

Well that's it for now! Byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment