Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Not So Brief Introduction to Fangirling



HELLO!!! This is one post in what might become a series of many. In this post I'm going to define the terms fangirl/boy, fangirling, ships/shipping, fanfics and OTP's in context to the fangirling world. I will also include a sample of fangirling. 

Fangirl- a girl filled with single-minded, obsessive interest and enthusiasm for a book(s); can be found in a library or with her nose buried in a book; if you ever encounter one, proceed with caution, they can be unpredictable

Fanboy- the same as a fangirl (but a boy); extremely rare!

Fangirling- when a fangirl is in her element and won't shut up! They can talk for days on end so be careful when talking to one; usually happens when 2 or more fangirls get together/meet

Ships/Shipping- this occurs when fangirls want 2 characters to get together- they ship them (don't actually have to be together in book or be in the same book for that matter); it only gets super intense when 2+ fangirls who ship the same characters meet, then things get a lit-tle crazy   
ADVICE: NEVER INSULT A FANGIRL'S SHIPS
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/73/c6/20/73c620a87fad9a53b51803f1e0656cae.jpg
--Check out this picture!!!

Fanfics- stories created by fangirls about characters before, after or during their stories; some may transcend books (include characters from different series); some fanfics include characters that aren't even in the book

OTP's- stands for one true paring; this is the ship(s) that fangirls value over all others MORE ADVICE: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER INSULT A FANGIRL'S OTP! It is imperative that you follow this advice unless you want to find yourself in some unhealthy situations.

It is essential that you understand the terms above in case you encounter a fangirl or the extremely rare fanboy.

Now for the moment that you have all been waiting for, I know I have, it is time for the fangirling sample:
ATTENTION: BEFORE READING THIS UNDERSTAND THAT IT MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS. THIS TIME IT SHALL BE ABOUT HARRY POTTER. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!
Okay, so my all time favorite ship in Harry Potter is Dramoine. They are so cute!!! It's especially great because Emma Watson used to have a crush on Tom Felton!
INTERRUPTION: FANGIRL'S SOMETIMES SWITCH TOPIC VERY QUICKLY AS YOU MIGHT DISCOVER IN A FEW MOMENTS
Oh, my gosh, Draco is soo misunderstood! I mean he is so awesome. It's not his fault that his parents were evil. It's how he was brought up! That mindset was around him his whole life, it was all he knew before Hogwarts and then he was put into Slytherin surrounded by people who thought just like how he was brought up to think. By the time he realized his mistake, everyone expected him to think and act that way, especially because they knew his father and his family's reputation. Also, when Voldemort came to power, he couldn't exactly say,"No, I won't join you" Voldemort would kill him and everyone he cares about. Plus, it is harder to turn your back on family, on you flesh and blood, than on people who have made your life miserable for the past 5 years. In addition, you have to remember that Draco didn't actually kill Dumbledore, he had started lowering his wand before all the Death Eaters appeared. I have one last thing that I want to say about Draco Malfoy before I stop, otherwise I will get too carried away. I just wanted to say; How did Dobby know all about the great Harry Potter if he was living with the Malfoys? I want you to think about that. Now I will stop, so that you don't have to spend all day reading this.

 I would be happy to tell you about my views on Draco Malfoy, or any other book characters. Let me know if you liked this post and whether or not I should do more fangirling posts. I could probably also do an interview with a fellow fangirl, if you would prefer that. If you do want more of these posts, let me know which books, characters, etc. to do them on. Remember to tell your friends about this and I hope that you liked it. Hopefully the definitions will be helpful. Sorry this post is so long, but like I said, fangirls find it really hard to stop once they get started. I'll try to keep my next post short and sweet. BYE!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love Your Rant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv Harry Potter!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!!!!!!! I could have gone on forever, but I figured that people probably didn't want to spend all day reading.

      Delete
  3. I like how I can really see your tone of voice in this blog. It was very expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect explanation

    ReplyDelete