Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Naturals

The Naturals

By: Jennifer Barnes

The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
Picture is from Goodreads.
This book is so great that I literally almost finished it in one sitting. I would have too, if I didn't have to eat dinner and go to bed.

The Naturals is a book about a about a girl named Cassie Hobbes. 5 years ago her mother was brutally murdered and neither the body nor the killer was ever found. So when the FBI comes knocking it's not a surprise that she thinks it's about her mother. What is a surprise is that the FBI contacts Cassie because she has a gift. She has the ability to take one look at someone and based on how they dress, talk and act she can tell you everything about them. The FBI has started a program called The Naturals for teens with special gifts like Cassie's. Some of these include reading emotions, lie detecting and analyse. Together Cassie and her new friends solve cold cases, until she is the one being targeted. Read this book to find out who the killer is, why they are tracking Cassie and who will survive!

One thing that I especially loved about this book is the mystery. I love watching T.V. shows like Poirot, Monk, Sherlock Holmes and Psych. I love watching mystery shows and seeing the  characters piece together the clues that everyone else misses. The Naturals is similar to that except targeted toward the Young Adult crowd. Jennifer Barnes does and incredible job at showing how all the clued fit together without giving too much away! Another great thing is at that at the start of many chapters there is an excerpt from the killers point of view! *SPOILER ALERT* - KIND OF, NOT REALLY (IT'S REALLY NOT UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY PICKY ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING): At the end of the book there is a major plot twist, I totally didn't see it coming!

I hope you read this book and like it as much as I do! Who do you think the killer is?

Check it out on Goodreads: www.goodreads.com
If you don't already have a Goodreads account I strongly recommend it. It is great when you are trying to pick a book to read.

P.S. The second book in the series is called Killer Instinct (it is really good too!) and the third one is called All in (I haven't read this book yet because it came out really recently but I REALLY, REALLY want to.)



No comments:

Post a Comment