Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Small Update

So since I last posted, I've gone through a few books.

#1-  Anne of Windy Poplars
Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables, #4)
So this is the 4th book in the Anne of Green Gables Series and I can honestly say, that the others are a 100 X better. Half the book is written in the format of letters from Anne to someone else whose identity I would rather not disclose, as most of you have probably not even read the first book, but in case you do (and you should) I don't want to ruin anything. Also, none of the original characters are in the book, other than Anne and a couple others that only make a brief appearance. Anne is the principal of a high school in a new place, and so there are all new characters, not many as good as the old. This book kind of serves as a transition between the end of the 3rd book and the beginning of the 5th. Personally, I didn't like it very much and couldn't wait for it to be over. However, don't let this discourage you from the rest of the books. They are amazing!!! My advice is read all the books, but skip over this one. You won't miss anything, I promise. I read the whole series through at least twice, some of the books more than twice, without knowing that Anne of Windy Poplars was the 4th. I always thought the 4th was Anne's House of Dreams which is the fifth. The only reason that I now know better, is because of Goodreads! 

#2- Jesse's Girl
Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
This was a very interesting (for lack of a better adjective) book. The way I came across it: After a very, very, very, very long day, my family was going to my friend's house for a get together. We have this group kind of thing, where all of us meet at someone's house once a month, if you know what I mean. I was tired, and all I wanted to do was read, but there weren't many books that I hadn't already read. My friend had gotten this book from the library, along with others, earlier in the week. She told me to read this book, that it was a romantic comedy. IT IS NOT A ROMANTIC COMEDY!!!!!!!!!! It is just plain old, romance. Now I don't really read this kind of thing, so I can't judge if it was a good book or not, but I don't know. I mean, I guess it wasn't too romancy. See, the book is basically about this girl who wants to be a musician and so for her school's career shadow day, she gets to shadow Jessie Scott, this really famous country music star or whatever. Of course, they get together, and then he thinks she's using him to get a music deal, and then they get together again, and you know. Classic love story. One good thing that can be said about this book is that it has music, but I don't know how much better that makes it. Unless you are the kind of person who reads romance or you want to try something new, I wouldn't read this book. For me, since I don't read books like this (like ever) I thought it was very awkward, but you know, maybe it is something that you would enjoy. Also, since I didn't do the best job at explaining this, it is kind of like the movie Starstruck but not as good.

#3- Between Shades of Gray

Not 50 Shades of Gray, Between Shades of Gray. They are completely different. Between Shades of Gray is a super good, super sad book and from the point of a teenage girl, who gets sent to a labor camp with her brother and mother during Stalin and Hitler's reigns of terror. I'm not going to go into too much detail right now, because it deserves its own post, so keep an eye out for that, and I will try for it to not be too long, but no guarantees.

Check out these books and others on https://www.goodreads.com/
Pictures courtesy of Goodreads.

So this update, became a little longer than I intended, sorry about that, but since it was 3 different books, hopefully you didn't get too bored. Check out my poll. I've only had one vote so far and it has been up for about a month!!! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment